These easy-to-make chocolate waffles are a super fun and different way to use ShiftSetGo cereal. They make an excellent, high protein replacement for traditional, refined-flour-based, sugar-filled waffles. You can feel good about enjoying these—our chocolate waffles won’t give you that dreaded sugar rush or carb-crash after eating them. All you’ll have is a happy belly, even energy, and a smile on your face.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 6 minutes
1 ShiftSetGo Chocolate Peanut Butter Cereal
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 TBSP Walden Farms Peanut Spread (optional)
Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup or Pancake Syrup
- In a blender, break the cereal until it has a fine, grainy, flour-like consistency (be careful not to blend it too much!). Pour the cereal “flour” into a medium-size bowl. Add the baking powder and combine.
- In a small bowl, beat the 2 egg whites, vanilla, and Walden Farms Peanut spread.
- Add the egg mixture to the cereal and stir until well combined.
- Spray your waffle iron with non-stick spray. When the iron is ready, pour in the batter and cook until golden brown and crispy.
- Drizzle with the Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup or Pancake Syrup.
SSG Notes (per serving):
1 SSG Meal
1 oz. Protein