These little banana chocolate bites are an ideal treat to satisfy any sweet tooth. Chocolate, peanut butter, and bananas. Do we really need to say more?
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 75 minutes in the freezer
3 ripe bananas
1/3 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
2 tsp coconut oil
- Peel and slice the bananas. Lay half of the slices flat on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Set the other half aside.
- Place about 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter on the banana slices that are on the cookie sheet. Top each with the remaining banana slices to make a little sandwich.
- Leave them on the cookie sheet and store them in the freezer for about 1 hour.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Microwave again for 15-20 seconds at a time, stirring well each time, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Don’t overheat.
- Dip each banana “sandwich” into the melted chocolate, coating half.
- Place each one back on the tray. Once all are coated, put the tray back into the freezer for 15-20 minutes or until chocolate is fully set.
- Transfer the bananas into a container and store them in the freezer for 1-2 months. Remove them from the freezer for about 5 minutes before eating to help soften them up a bit.
If you’d like to make a full chocolate bite, double the chocolate chips, and the coconut oil. To fully coat each sandwich, use a fork to dip them into the chocolate and use a spoon to help cover it all. Let any excess chocolate drip off the banana chocolate bite before putting it back on the cookie sheet.
NOTE: 1.5g protein, 6g carbs, 3g fat per serving for this fully coated version.
(This recipe is Stage 3 compliant)